On the 2nd of June 2009, Joe & Clement came to our class to talk to us about some more sustainability stuff.
Here are my dot jot notes.
- They did the "apple exersize"
- First they took away half of the aplle and told us that it was the water.
- Then he cut 3/4 of it and said that it was deserts, snow E.T.C..
- He had only 1/32nd of the earth left that could be planted on.
- Little things make a big difference.
- Some people made a car out of "holilactic acid' (corn kiwifruit skins and other starchy stuff)
- There are places in N.Z where you can $ buy $ worms. Shredded paper is betgter in a worm farm N.Z has 60 open landfills and 1000 closed ones.
- NO CITRUS IN WORM FARMS!!!!!!! It takes . . . . . .
- 25 months for paper to break down
- 5 years for a milk carton to break down
- 10 years for a ciggarete
- 100 years for a tin can
- 200-500 years for a beer can!
Thanks for reading!