Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
- Become a professional golfer. Formosa golf course
- Travel the world playing golf.
- Play at Formosa
- Meet a famous person.
- Play with Tiger Woods.
I will achieve these by . . . . . . . . .
Go to Otago university straight away, get a Master of Physical Education and travel to America to go to a school there. PRACTISE PRACTISE PRACTISE!!!!!!
Sunday, July 12, 2009
I am: For.
In my arguement I will be talking to you about three main points.
- How global warming is effecting us.
- Some of the animals that are about to become extinct from global warming.
- What we can do to help.
Firstly, how is global warming effecting us? "What are we meant to do? Global warming is not going to effect us!" This is one of the main excuses that we hear from people who just don't care about weather or not global warming is real, even if it is proven. So I am about to tell you a few thigns that global warming will do to effect us. You may not be aware, but global warming has already started to effect us! Yes, that's right ! Did you know that, the warming is most likely to a lot more powerful droughts and heat waves, also, unusually strong storms -- such as the ones that left at least millions of Northwesterners shivering in December, while killing 13 people!!! Which is one of the reasons why researches are more than 90 percent certain that global warming is caused by humans. Us! We are causing all of his! Do you feel guilty yet? Well, if you don't yet. get ready to because I'm onto my second point.
Secondly, a few of the animals that are about to become extincht from global warming.
- Polar bears.
- Sea lions,
These ae becoming extinct because of the same reason of polar bears. Along with,
Look at this heart breaking picture that shows that global warming is not the only cause of seals dying. Waaaahhhhhh!
Finally, what can we do to help. Here are some things that you can do to help stop global warming. This information is from a really cool website.
An A-Z of things to help save the environment.
- A.void fast food.
Fast food is very over packaged and are responsible for producing mountains and mountains of trash! So avoiding fast food is great to reduce all that garbage.
- B.ike instead of riding in a car.
If you bike instead of riding in a car, you will help reduce CO2 released into the atmosphere. It is also fun!
- C.hange you'r normal lightbulbs to energy efficient ones.
These are the same price as the normal ones AND they will saveyou more! Double benifit!
- D.on't buy aerosols.
They can not be recycled! How bad is that!
- E.at organic food.
Organic food doesn't get sprayed with chemicals and nasty stuff. It'll even stop all those chemicals being washed into the oceans ETC.
- F.eed the birds.
If you feed the birds, it will bring a bit of nature into you r backyard, it will also help because the birds should eat the bugs in your garden.
- G.row a garden.
This will be easy because you won't have to buy a lot of food. It will also help reduce the waste that is made when fruit and veges are imported into N.Z.
If you want to see more easy ways to become sustainable, go to, http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/vines/4990/gglist.html
Thank you for reading and I am sure that I have convinced you to be sustainable.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Here are some eco-friendly things that I have done today.
- I didn't use my electric blanket.
- I had a short shower.
- I helped wash the dishes and only used a little bit of water in the sink.
- I was in charge of putting the plastic bottles in the recyling bin.
- I turned off all of our electric appliances instead of putting them on standby.
See you later!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
I have just found out that fires are one of the worst polluters!
I HAVE BEEN ASKING MY DAD TO LIGHT THE FIRE THINKING THAT IT WAS MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT. IT'S NOT!!!!!!!!!
I have learnt now, and I will be doing some extra eco-friendly stuff tomorrow!!!!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Dear diary tody to improve my "eco-friendly image" Have done ALL these things read 'em and tell me what you think!
- I had yet ANOTHER two minute shower. WHOOP WHOOP!
- I told dad to light the fire ( and he did! )
- We didn't use our heat pump!
- I opened the window RELLY WIDE during my two minute shower ( WHOOP WHOOP) so I wouldn't have to use my dehumidifier as much!
- I told off my sister for turning on her electric blanket and secretly turned it back off (hee hee hee!).
- I put all of the plastic bottles that my sister ( again, my sister, Is something wrong with her?) "accidently" put in the normal bin and placed them in the recycling bin.
- When my sister (AGAIN, my sister!!!!) was about to throw away a practically empty peice of paper because she had "used it up", I said " STOP GIRL, (in a slang voice) YOU NEED TO REUSE THAT!!! SAVE TREES!!!).
I am really proud that I have done SO MANY things tonight and I wish myself luck for tommorow night. Or in spanish
Buena suerte mañana! ( good luck tommorow!)
Thanks for reading!